FOR SALE BY INFORMAL TENDER (CLOSING DATE FRIDAY 16TH APRIL AT 5PM): A very pretty and charming detached cottage in need of refurbishment standing in an established garden on the northern side of the town.
| BY INFORMAL TENDER | DETACHED COTTAGE | OFFERING VACANT POSSESSION | NON-ESTATE LOCATION | ENTRANCE HALL | SITTING ROOM | BATHROOM | 2 BEDROOMS | GOOD SIZED MATURE GARDEN | EPC = G
SITUATION: The property is situated a mile or so to the north of the town. Uckfield offers a good range of shops, restaurants and bars as well as an excellent independent cinema. The town has well regarded primary and secondary schools and a leisure centre/swimming pool complex. Uckfield station provides rail links to East Croydon and London Bridge and there are regular bus services from the town to Lewes, Brighton and Tunbridge Wells.
DESCRIPTION: A small but charming detached cottage in the same family ownership for some seventy years and now in need of refurbishment and modernisation throughout.
On the ground floor there is an Entrance Hall with stairs up to the first floor and a recess under the stairs. Off the Hallway is the Sitting Room with a beamed ceiling and brick fireplace. There is a doorway to the Kitchen with cupboard and drawer units, sink unit, oven and hob. There is a door to the garden and a door to the Bathroom with bath, basin and WC.
On the first floor there is a Landing with built in shelved cupboard and 2 Bedrooms. The main bedroom has an airing cupboard with hot water cylinder and a wash basin.
There is a pretty cottage garden surrounding the house with established flower beds, shrubs and ornamental hedges. Lawns and old brick pathways. There are two sheds and a small greenhouse.
NOTE: Viewing strictly by confirmed appointment only. The cottage has no off-road parking and applicants are requested to park only in the layby just to the south of the cottage.
Conditions of Informal Tender
1 . The property is to be sold freehold with vacant possession upon completion.
2. The best and final bids for the unencumbered freehold interest of the property are to reach our office no later than 5pm on Friday 16th April 2021. All offers to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked Private and Confidential - 'Tender for Spring Cottage, London Road, Uckfield'
3. The offer must be in writing.
4. Any offer received after 5pm on Friday 16th April will not be considered.
5. The offer should be on the basis of the property seen and as outlined for identification purposes only in the sales particulars.
6. Our client is seeking to effect a disposal on an unconditional basis subject to contract only.
7. Our client will not be bound to accept the highest or indeed any offer. However, we are seeking to obtain the highest price subject to the above conditions, but it is accepted that any offer will be made on a subject to contract basis.
8. Confirmation of the funding for the purchase will be required and a copy letter from the funding source confirming the same will assist our client in considering your offer.